Sunday, April 15, 2012

Chapter 5. Memory Lane

I see the happiness.... I see the pain
Where am I... Back down memory lane
"Mommy! Daddy! Guess what? Guess what!"  The energetic spunky six year burst through the front door of the house leaving behind Ms. Molly dead in her tracks. Ms. Molly had tried but as usual failed to get her to slow down. She was to excited today. She had gotten an A on her spelling test and wanted to tell her mommy and daddy all about it. Only it wasn't what she had been expecting when she got in. Her mommy and daddy were being mean to each other again.
 "Really Meredith 1000 dollars? You spent 1000 dollars on one crappy shirt!"  Her daddy screamed loudly filling her little body with fear.


"Relax Jerry! It's just one shirt!

"One expensive ass shirt!"

"It's Versace Silk!"

"I don't give a damn! It was wasteful. While your out buying expensive shirts you could have put that towards something useful like our daughter's 3,700 dollars a month tuition few for school or her 500 dollar dance classes. You know stuff that matters."
"Look don't you dare jump down my back when you blow plenty of money on Kenneth Cole suits! Meredith took a defensive stance arching her eyebrows in disgust. "Huh. Maybe mom was right. Maybe I shouldn't have married you. If only I didn't get pregnant..."
Jerry could feel his blood boiling. "So what are you trying to say? Our little princess was a mistake? What kind of person are you?" And your mother... your folks are racist for Christ sake! Why do you think they don't call you, e-mail you! I tell you why. They hate me and they hate our baby! Don't give me that crap about them living in Four Corners and how it's seven hours away. Bottom line is if they wanted to talk to you they would."

Meredith stuck her hand on her hip. She was obviously hurt. "You know what Jerry I'm done! I'm going to work now and wont be home till late tonight!"

"Fine by me." Meredith turned away from the situation when she was faced with another one in the form of a scared little girl.

"Mommy?"
The young girl looked towards Ms. Molly who gave her an apologetic grin.

"Are you and daddy okay?" The little girl whimpered.

"Yes Princess were fine. Daddy and I just had a disagreement that's all." Meredith kissed her on the forehead before leaving."
Her daddy stared at her with a blink expression. "Gotta go princess have to get some work done at the office. Love you" He blew her a kiss before grabbibng his briefcase and leaving also.
After everyone left Ms. Molly gave the shooken up girl a hug. "I love you little girl. I really do love you Ava."
"Ava are you okay?" Mora stared at her cousin concern about the look in her eyes.
"Yeah of course I am Mora. You know how I am."
Of coure I am....







6 comments:

  1. Some of Avas' past is coming to light. I'm kind of in shock how, although they both acknowledged her, her parents just went on their way like nothing happened. No comfort, no real words of encouragement or anything.

    Looks like they were too wrapped up in their own vanities to remember they had a little girl...edenz~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh looks like we learned a bit about Ava's past this chapter! It was good and it seems like her parents relationship is something of note. It must have been tough for her growing up in that household.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edenz,

    Ava's parents are rather unsentimental to needs of a little girl.

    They are difintly too wrapped up in themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aeon,

    Thanks for the complement!

    Ava's parents marriage was tough on her. It was tough living there

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad that her parents acknowledge her in passing. :(
    Excited to read what comes next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ava's homelife did not seem to have been very happy with her parents arguing the way that they did! I have the feeling that they may have split up! Poor baby! Neither of them seems to have spent much time with her.

    It's interesting the way that you are showing us slowly how each character ended up working at the club!

    ReplyDelete